Contest: Get Your Free Ebook Right Now!
DesignModo is proud to announce the inception of our new contest. Win 2 new e-books:
1. InDesign® CS5 For Dummies ($24.99)
2. Web Design – A Beginner’s Guide Second Edition ($29.99)
1 winner => 2 e-books!
How to win this books.
- Following @designmodo on Twitter, and tweeting this: @DesignModo Contest: Get Your Free Ebook Right Now! – http://su.pr/5LNZPx , OR
- Simply click the “Like” button on our Facebook Page, and share this article, OR
- Post on your blog about the contest and include one link to http://designmodo.com, leaving a comment on this post with link to your blog about the contest.
This competition will run for the next 7 days. The winners will be selected at random and will be informed directly after the competition ends via Email, Facebook or Twitter. Good luck to everyone!
The contest will end: Tuesday September 24th, 2010.
InDesign® CS5 For Dummies
Get up to speed on the latest features and enhancements to the new version of InDesign. As the industry standard in professional layout and design, InDesign delivers powerful publishing solutions for magazine, newspaper, and other publishing fields. This introductory book is an easy-to-understand reference for anyone migrating from another software application or those with little-to-no desktop publishing experience. You’ll explore InDesign basics and examine the enhancements to the latest version, while you also discover how pages work, build templates, create frames and shapes, manage styles, and much more.
* InDesign is proving to be an increasingly popular layout and design application; the latest version includes new functionality and enhanced tools
* Teaches all the basics for first-time users, including how to open and save your work, arrange objects, work with color, edit text, manage styles, finesse character details, add special type, import and size graphics, set paths, work with tabs, create indices, and more
* Demonstrates how to calibrate colors, export PDF files, fine-tune paragraph details, create frames and shapes, manipulate objects, and work with automated text
InDesign CS5 For Dummies offers a straightforward but fun approach to discovering how to get the most from your desktop publishing experience when using InDesign.
From the Back Cover
Get up to speed on InDesign CS5 and create great publicationsfor print or the Web. How do you design? Free-form, creating one-of-a-kind pieces? Or would you love a highly formatted template that you could modify as needed for regular periodicals? InDesign is the right tool for both approaches, and this is the right book to help you master the essentials. Learn to set up your documents, prepare them for output, and get creative!
* Take a tour — navigate around InDesign’s menus, dialog boxes, panels, and panes, and customize preferences
* Master the template — set up and modify templates, use master pages, build libraries, and work with color
* The essential object — manipulate, organize, align, and arrange design objects
* Terrific text — see how to import and thread text, edit and style it, and finesse characters to make your words look great
* Must-have graphics — prepare graphics files, work with image layers, and create a clipping path
* Get down to business — create manuals and annual reports with tables, footnotes, and indexes
* Pretty in print — calibrate color and prepare your document for printing
* Present your project — export your work to the Web or make it an interactive presentation with animation and sound
Open the book and find:
* Tips on modifying defaults for views, colors, and styles
* How pages and layers work
* What you can do with color swatches
* When to align objects and when to stack them
* How to customize the spelling and hyphenation dictionaries
* Import options for Word, Excel, and RTF files
* How to handle automatic text
* Tips for cropping and positioning graphics
* Navigate the interface and set up reusable master pages
* Work creatively with lines, text frames, and graphics frames
* Manipulate text and spiff up your documents with graphics
* Create PDFs, Web pages, and Flash files from InDesign
* Paperback: 456 pages
* Year: May, 2010
* Language: English
* Format: PDF
Web Design – A Beginner’s Guide Second Edition
Designed for Easy Learning
* Key Skills & Concepts–Chapter-opening lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
* Ask the Expert–Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
* Notes–Extra information related to the topic being covered
* Tips–Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things
* Annotated Syntax–Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated
* Paperback: 384 pages
* Year: 2010
* Language: English
* Format: PDF