Lately, people that have worked as freelancers in Internet marketing, decide to go solo and make their own projects. Freelancing is a good experience to get to know this subject and it gets one more prepared for this decision.
You first think – what can be difficult about that? You have experience in creating and promoting a website and you have money to get 2 or 3 people to help you out with your own project. You just have to decide on what website you would like to have, get yourself a domain and that’s it! You hope that in 2-3 months your project will be out there and in a year you will get all your invested money back.
What if your hopes are ruined by the real world and your pink glasses fall off? 90 % of the projects that started like this fail at one moment, 10 % being the lucky ones that succeeded. It happens when you are not that lucky and you can’t really tell what are the real chances of you being successful.
Before you decide on working on your own project, you will have to ask yourself some simple questions that will definitely be helpful.
- What is the theme of your project and how would it be helpful to people? Is there something new you would like to tell or show them? Try to describe it in a few words.
- Can you find 3 differences between you and your competitors, if what you would like to promote already exists on the market? Are there a lot of competitors you would have to face that might be able to get you down?
- Do you know your visitors? Can you tell something about them or their needs and where can you find them?
- How much time will you need to finish your project? Is there something that could stop your project or delay it? Are you sure that what you would like to showcase will still be actual by the time you finish your project?
- Do you have any idea how to monetize your project? Is it possible at all? If you will offer services or products that visitors could buy, how much will they have to pay for them? Are you sure they would be able to afford it?
- Do you think your project will last for a longer period of time? How do you imagine it in a year? How about 2 years? Or think bigger – how about 5 years from now?
- Would you use the products and services that you offer yourself? Do you think you are the best in what you can offer in this project?
If you can answer to all these questions without second thoughts – you might hit success with your own project someday. Before you do something, you have to think more than once and find the advantages and disadvantaged of what you are going to implement.
Usually it takes a minute to come up with a bad idea, but if you end up choosing it, it might be the worst idea that you ever thought of in the end. If you choose something that people don’t really look for or don’t need, you won’t be able to face the difficulties that will further come to you. Just think about it – who needs another social network, that doesn’t have anything new in comparison with the existing ones, or who would need a new search engine or yet another boring discussions forum for women.
Once you start a project, you are usually led by enthusiasm, so that any idea seems fine at the moment; but when you wake up and start measuring the real facts, your hopes start to go down, but you can’t really turn away from your project that you have worked for so much so you keep going until you hit the bottom.
With Slides, we don’t make you start from an empty slate. All you have to do is to pick the elements you like best and combine them. Each slide has been carefully crafted to satisfy three key criteria: aesthetic, function and usability. That way you know every element works together seamlessly while enhancing the impact of your content.Learn MoreOther Products
You should stop thinking only about the financial growth of your pocket, and better think about a good and original project to start. This way you can have both: the cool project and the money that you will earn from it.