Review of OptinMonster: The Best Lead-Generation Plugin for WordPress
Communication is essential to the survival and success of any business.
A popular form of communication is the email – a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. With emails, businesses can reach a number of clients and also receive in a convenient and easy manner.
A number of visitors who visit a site will opt-in for information and follow-up messages if they see something of interest and value. Such visitors may not be ready to buy just yet; they may need more information to make a buying decision.
When you capture the emails of such visitors, you can send them information and discounts for products. In doing so, you increase the likelihood of them making a purchase.
Aside from bringing in sales for business and e-commerce websites, if you are a blogger or writer that depends on search engines like Google for traffic and ad networks such as AdSense for revenue, you can increase website traffic. More traffic results in increased earnings when you send recent and hand-picked articles to email subscribers.
Whether or not you have an online presence, you shouldn’t underestimate the importance of building email list for your business.
OptinMonster is a lead-generation plugin for WordPress that allows you to create attention grabbing opt-in forms that convert.
In few seconds, you will be able to create professionally designed opt-in forms that will exponentially increase your email subscription opt-in rate without writing a single line of code.
Features of OptinMonster
- OptinMonster integrates with all major email service providers such as MailChimp, AWeber and Campaign Monitor.
- You can also integrate a custom opt-in form if you do not wish to use an email service.
- A/B split module for testing different content, headlines, layouts and styles to see what converts best.
- Exit-Intent Technology detects visitor behavior and prompts them with a targeted campaign at the precise moment they are about to leave, thus improving user retention.
- Built-in form builder for creating various types of stunning opt-in forms that are optimized for the highest conversion rates such as lightbox popups, floating bars, sidebar slide-ins, after post forms, sidebar forms, and many more.
- Analytics for tracking clicks, views and overall conversion rates of optin forms.
- A page level module for targeting individual pages and categories, so you can build a hyper targeted list.
Walk-through of OptinMonster Setup
Now that we know the importance of capturing the emails of visitors and users, head over to OptinMonster and grab the plugin.
Now, let’s walk through the set up of this monstrous plugin.
First, download the plugin from your OptinMonster account dashboard, then upload, install and activate the plugin.
On the OptinMonster settings page, click the
Create New Optin button to start the OptinMonster Builder.
Setup stage, select the Optin Type you wish to create and click the
Next Step button to move to the
To get more Optin Type, navigate to the
Addons tab and activate as many as you want.
At the configure stage, fill out the form accordingly. If you wish to activate the Exit Intent feature, check the
Use Exit Intent? option.
At the Email Provider Settings setup, choose your email service from the dropdown or
Custom HTML Optin Form if you wish to use a custom form.
For this walk-through, I’ll be using MailChimp. See the doc for guide on setting up other email services.
If you’ve chosen MailChimp, enter your API key and label. (A guide to getting your MailChimp API can be found here).
Connect to MailChimp, select your list and then save and move to the
At the Design stage, select a theme and hit the
Open Design Customizer button to design and configure the Optin form.
Output Settings, configure the Optin following the form guide.
Do not forget to check the Enable optin on site? otherwise it won’t be active on your site.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are done. Go check out a page, your opt-in will appear according to your settings.
If your website is powered by WordPress and you are serious about building email list, go grab the powerful OptinMonster plugin and experience monstrous increases in the number of opt-ins to your list.
Never again will you lose abandoning visitors. Don’t just take my word for it; give OptinMonster a spin and you will by happy you did.