Our website design app is better than ever with the release of Slides 3, which features plenty of new design options and functionality.
Slides 3 is a tool that makes it pretty much impossible for you to build an ugly website. The tool, which is a really good website builder, uses a simple and powerful HTML and CSS framework to help build static websites with plenty of room for customization.
Slides 3 is built with a powerful generator (app) that comes with a starting point where you can create a website online, so you are ready to go right out of the gate. Pick the elements you like best and combine them to your liking.
And you can’t go wrong with the design because every element is made to aesthetically, functionally and usability-wise work with every other element you have to choose from. You can build quickly and on a framework of clean code with the drag and drop interface.
Unlike some other site builders where there are only a handful of templates, Slides 3 includes more than 180 customized elements so that you can build a website that’s uniquely yours. And every slide and component comes with great animations to bring your design to life. (If you want a template Slides 3 includes 15 professional options as well.)
What’s New in Slides 3?
You probably want to know what’s new with Slides 3. Why should you upgrade (free) from a previous version or buy Slides for the first time now?
Take a look at the video below to see some of the new features of Slides; enjoy the video and new functionality.
The thing that’s most notable about Slides 3 is that it looks different than previous versions. Visual and layout changes are quite impressive. Here are some of the design highlights:
- Slides 3 is easier to customize.
- The layout has been simplified with fewer custom classes, and replaced with more common names. (But that means you need to manually transfer old content from Sliders 2 or older to the new format rather than just update styles.)
- There’s a new Flex Grid for better flexibility and responsive control.
- Added sound components.
- Added scroll animation, including parallax.
There are plenty of other new features as well. You can find them all in the changelog, but here are some of the highlights:
- For a quicker development, SCSS source files, which you can use to manage basic variables and can make serious changes, are included.
- The zoom image effect for scroll has been fixed, but is not compatible with Slides 2. Hang data-action=”zoom” attribute directly to an image you want to zoom in and remove it from the parent elements (old approach).
- Slides 3 comes with material icons with hundreds of options read for you to use for buttons and other content.
- Modular content blocks make it easy to create from scratch with more than 90 slide options, navigation styles and animation effects.
- Everything is designer and developer-friendly. Everything you need for a great design comes with Slides 3 so you don’t spend a lot of time trying to build elements from scratch.
Finally, Slides 3 comes with all the tools you have come to expect from a Designmodo product. If you have liked previous versions of Slides, or even if you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time. Here are a few of the key features:
- Build quick
- 90+ customizable blocks
- Seamless animations
- Fully responsive design
- Clean code
- Gorgeous templates
- Committed support