Linux Foundation Launches JS Foundation
With Postcards you can create and edit email templates online without any coding skills! Includes more than 100 components to help you create custom emails templates faster than ever before.Try FreeOther Products
- New features which are ready to deliver are postponed until the new release is adopted
- Incomplete or inconsistent features are hurried up to avoid being postponed for a future release
Do We Need Another Foundation?
To contribute to a better ecosystem, the JS Foundation is designed to promote best practices and policies that will determine high-quality standards and sustainable contributions.
What Projects Are Mentored by JS Foundation?
Currently the JS Foundation mentors 30 projects:
With Startup App and Slides App you can build unlimited websites using the online website editor which includes ready-made designed and coded elements, templates and themes.Try Startup App Try Slides AppOther Products
- Appium: Open source, Node.js server used for automating native, mobile web and hybrid applications on Google’s Android, Apple’s iOS and Microsoft’s UWP
- Dojo: No compile step toolkit that offers rapid, modular development with focus on testing and optimization for web and mobile web applications
- Esprima: Standard-compliant ECMAScript parser written in ECMAScript
- Grunt: “Famous” command line utility designed to automate repetitive project tasks
- js: Enables instant payments and micropayments in any currency, across payment networks
- jQuery Mobile: Unified, HTML5-based user interface system for most popular mobile device platforms, built on jQuery and jQuery UI
- jQuery UI: Curated set of user interface interactions, effects, widgets and themes
- Node-RED: Programming environment built on Node.js for creating event-driven applications that integrate with APIs and services
- PointerEvents Polyfill: Unified event system for the web platform
- Webpack: Renowned modules bundler
At its core, the JS Foundation is based on a community-driven model. To achieve its goal to implement adequate quality development standards, open governance and healthy community development practices, the foundation implements a dual governance model. The Technical Advisory Committee provides project-based technical advice while the Board of Directors supervises the day-to-day operations. This bicameral mechanism ensures alignment between the technical communities and members.
The new project also has the backing of the Node.js Foundation. Both foundations have closely aligned goals, however, according to Mikael Rogers, Node.js Foundation Community Manager, the JS Foundation will be able to fulfill a critical goal that the Node.js Foundation hasn’t taken on – supporting third-party packages.
JS Foundation and ECMAScript
JS Foundation founders are IBM, Samsung, Sauce Labs, Bocoup, Ripple, Sense Tecnic Systems, Sitepen, StackPath, the University of Westminster and WebsiteSetup.