10 Professional Free CSS and HTML Editors
The Web Editor
The web editor works great both in Windows and Mac, however, notice, it is not an entirely free tool. The team offers a 15-day trial to let you understand that this lightweight yet the powerful editor is going to solve lots of your issues and provide you with a comfortable interface. As for the pros:
- there is a server synchronization and quick publish options;
- there are smart snippets, code folding and much more.
- CSS3Edit enables you to get the most out of the latest possibilities of the language;
- there is a particularly powerful web preview tool that not only instantly visualizes the code but also finds relevant and more appropriate properties.
EngInSite CSS Editor
EnglnSite Editor is another product in our collection that has a lack of elegance and harmony. Its beauty lies in its functionality that lets you
- build layouts corresponding to the latest requirements;
- instantly preview results of CSS and HTML;
- use auto completion tricks to save the markup from clutter and banal errors;
- incorporate shorthand properties offered by the system;
- advance the page with regular expressions;
- enjoy native support for Unicode and UTF-8.
The only drawback is that it is assigned to Windows users so that again Mac fans stay overlooked.
Simple CSS — A Free CSS Authoring Tool
Simple CSS — A Free CSS Authoring Tool that is available for Windows and Mac OS. Its aim is to brighten up the creating of regular cascading style sheets. You can easily specify main traits of the website; update them wherever you need to without risking destroying the whole harmony, and use intuitive interface for such tasks. You can also handle multiple projects simultaneously, moving between them within one open window.
Developing modern website layouts that are energized with fantastic and cutting-edge CSS effects from scratch can be a piece of cake if you have the right tools at your fingertips. The secret weapon, of course, is a handy, intuitive and feature-rich editor. It only seems that there is no difference whether to write the code in a standard OS-native notepad or a sophisticated third-party program. There is a lot to compare and contrast. There is always point in using specific tools that are created namely for such needs.
Our collection is a proof of that. Despite pursuing the same goal, and owing, in general, the basic functionality, each one of the listed above provides its unique environment for development. That is why it is always great to have a freedom of choice to find a more suitable instrument.